CanSkate ( Stage 5-6) is a dynamic learn-to-skate program that focuses on fun, participation and basic skill development. Based on Sport Canada’s long term athlete development (LTAD) principles, CanSkate centers on physical literacy and the fundamental skills needed to take part in any ice sport or to skate as a recreational activity. For beginners of all ages, children or adults, as well as for those wishing to improve their basic skills whether their focus be for figure skating, hockey, speed skating or just skating for fun.
New and Upcoming Info....
Dress Code :
- Dress in layers for warmth (come prepared for different temperatures and change in season)
- Hair should be tied up or / and away from your face
- Skating dresses / skirts and tights are encouraged, especially before test days and competitions
- Leggings may be worn, but must be slim fitting so a skater’s line can be seen (bent or straight knees)
- No hoodies
- Jackets and / or tops should not be baggy as coaches need to see a skater’s line but also for safety as arms and hands can get caught up in the extra material
- Gloves or mitts (heavy mitts are discouraged for higher level skaters as its difficult to show expression)\